GEOMODLAB – Laboratory for Remote Sensing, Geographical Analysis and Modelling
GEOMODLAB is the CEG/IGOT infrastructure to support advanced research on spatial analysis in the following themes:
– Earth and Society observation and monitoring;
– Statistical analysis of social phenomena;
– New technologies of mapping and spatial modelling.
GEOMODLAB provides researchers at the CEG, advanced students at IGOT and visiting researchers with the technological means to develop internationally competitive research and applications in geographical sciences. It includes GIS and Remote Sensing dedicated computers, as well as an UAV-maintenance workshop. It has an interdisciplinary infrastructure that benefits from synergies emerging between physical geography, human geography, planning and geographical information technologies, and applies them to scientific research and spatial planning.
Coordination: Gonçalo Vieira and Paulo Morgado.
– Workstations, laptops and portable computers,
– Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (DJI Matrice 600 Pro, eBee PLUS- eBee Plus RTK, Ebee Sensefly 2, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 2 Vision+),
– Total Station (Nikon),
– GNSS systems (Trimble R4 and Leica Viva),
– Camera HDL-32E – Velodyne LiDAR,
– Plotter A0,
– Scanner A0,
– Soil coring equipment (2 m auger),
– Rock drilling equipment (25 m, electrical).
– ARCGIS 10.6.1
– CANOCO 5
– ENVI 5.2
– ECognition Developer
– QGIS 2.8
– PIX4D mapper
– POSTFLIGHT TERRA 3D
– EMOTION 2
– STATA 13
– STATISTICA 12
– SPSS 24