- The Call for Papers for the VI International Seminar on the City, Commerce and Consumption will be open until March 15, 2017. The International Seminar will take place from September 12 to 16, 2017, in the city of Lisbon, under the auspices of the Institute of Geography And Spatial Planning (IGOT) and the Center for Geographical Studies (CEG) of the University of Lisbon. Website: www.igot.ulisboa.pt/ccc2017Temme and AxisThe VI International Seminar will have as its central theme Trade, Consumption and New Forms Of Urban Governance. The debate will be organized around the following thematic axes:
1. The commercial, consumer and leisure landscapes in transition: from the commercial streets of the city center to the virtual shopping and entertainment environments.
2. The new business logic of trade and services and the challenges they pose to scientific research and urban policies.
3. Urban regeneration anchored in commerce and consumption and new forms of city governance: projects, actors and processes.
4. Consumption, a key element for the competitiveness of cities, the organization of daily life, the creation of lifestyles and identities
Important dates:Deadline for submission of abstracts: March 15, 2017
Notification of abstract evaluation: April 15, 2017
Deadline for submission of full texts: June 30, 2017
Seminar registration deadline: July 20, 2017
Registration fee: teachers, researchers and other professionals (€ 120)
Masters and doctoral students (60 €)
Participants in the seminar without communication (€ 80)
Publication of the seminar program: July 31, 2017
- Call for PapersThe languages of the VI International Seminar City, Commerce and Consumption will be English, Portuguese and Spanish. Summaries of the communications, written in one of the three languages mentioned above, should be sent to the Organizing Committee of the seminar via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org until March 15, 2017. Summaries of the Shall comply with the following requirements:
Title of the work
Name of the author (s), institution of membership, electronic address (es)
3 to 5 keywords
Summary: 2500 to 3000 characters (including spaces)
Summaries of the papers accepted for presentation will be distributed at the seminar and made available online at the web page of the event, at the following address: www.igot.ulisboa.pt/ccc2017
Herculano Cachinho (IGOT/CEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Teresa Barata-Salgueiro (IGOT/CEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Pedro Porfírio Guimarães (IGOT/CEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Daniel Fernandes Paiva (IGOT/CEG, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
Alessia Allegri (IST, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal)
- This event has passed.